Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Our neighbors, the Reneiros, had their annual Oktoberfest celebration last Saturday. Lots of bratwurst, beer and suaerkraut - yum! They had lots of games for the kids. A pumpkin seed spitting contest was the fave and they were all awarded gold medals for their efforts; even Lucy! We have hawks that hang out on our rooftops and make the worst bird noises that you've ever heard, so the hawk has become sort of a neighborhood mascot to the kids. One of the moms did a craft project with the kids and they made hawks to take home with them. Lucy and her buddy Jack are the two youngest and they are two peas in a pod. They adore each other! We had a great day and the weather was a little chilly. Perfect Oktoberfest weather!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
The girls were in a neighborhood July 4th parade. We decorated Maggie's bike and Lucy's stroller and all the kids and parents walked the parade route around the neighborhood pool/park area.
We attended the Parker fireworks display later that night with some neighbors. It was the best display I'd ever seen!
Ian's company was sponsoring a pro volleyball tournament in Boulder, CO all weekend on the Colorado University campus. We stayed overnight and took the girls to that on Saturday and Sunday. We stayed at the St. Julien Hotel, which was one of the coolest hotels I've ever stayed in.
At the CU stadium they created volleyball courts on top of the turf, but it actually felt like we were at the beach. I fell in love with Boulder! The Pearl Street Mall was really great. It reminded me a lot of Dickson street in Fayetteville, but even more weirdos.
All the sponsors of the tournament got to compete in a tournament of their own on Sunday morning and here is Ian serving the ball. He played really great!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Last Saturday our neighbors had a movie night and invited all the kids to watch Ratatoullie in the driveway on a sheet that was hung up on a garage door. The weather was perfect for an outdoor movie. Lucy kept walking in front of the movie projector so that nobody could see the screen. We had to put her to bed early and Maggie conked out half-way through the movie, but it was great fun while it lasted!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Things that tickle me about Maggie:
- When she gets a new pair of shoes she MUST tell everyone that she encounters that she has new shoes, forcing them to pay her a compliment on her great shoes!
- I love that she always wants to be a part of whatever is going on. No wallflowers in this family!
- She's so in to fashion. If she thinks she looks cute in one thing then she'll wear it over and over and over. I'm getting pretty tired of the floral tubetop that is currently her go-to outfit.
- She thinks she has died and gone to heaven if she gets to eat at the mall food court.
- She says my breakfast casserole is better than eating at the mall!
Things that tickle me about Lucy:
- When she takes her diaper off and runs through the house naked.
- I love that she calls Maggie "Mammie"
- She's so cute when she tries to sing her ABC's, which goes "ABCD won't you sing at me" and also Itsy Bitsy Spider is "It bit Pider."
- I love that she makes a scribble mark on paper and holds it up and says "look mama, goldfish!"
- When I pick her up from daycare and she says "Donalds?" because she wants to go eat at McDonalds...every day.
- She's just like her mama because she loves to eat chips and cheese dip!